Xrandr and Nouveau

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Oct 16 14:02:37 PDT 2011

Krzysztof Halasa <khc at pm.waw.pl> writes:

> I do, using nouveau (there were driver bugs in such config, I had to use
> "vertical X Y" equal to xrandr X Y), radeons (work fine except the
> cursor sometimes behaves interestingly near the physical border) and
> intels (probably same cursor oddities?).

I'm sorry I let a response get away a moment ago and forgot to thank
you for the good input on this.

I'm not able to get a panning desktop with my Nvidia FX 5700LE card.
I suspect it may be mostly because I'm not skilled enough to use the
various patches that are available.   So, in my case I hope they get
it straightened out up stream so us common doodoo's can get back our
large panning desktops.

I don't think there is much heat on it, because I suspect it is not a
heavily used feature.