synaptics driver for my touchpad

Martin Bruse zondolfin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:28:48 PST 2011

Hello list!

I bought a Samsung 900X3A-B01SE (also known as a Samsung Series 9 with
Intel i5 sold in Sweden) today.

It has a Synaptic touchpad, but it doesn't get recognized as a
touchpad by the "synaptics" input driver. I just gets recognized as a
regular mouse device.

How can I produce some kind of product id for this device, so that I
can search for others with similar problems?

And if it is just too new to be recognized, in what sources should I
try to put a patch so that it gets recognized? (this assumes that the
fix is trivial and more a question of detection than anything else)

I am attaching my xorg log, and if you need any other information from
me just tell me and I will be happy to provide it :D

regards,
//Martin