[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.11.99.1

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Nov 27 19:29:53 PST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:39:31 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> We probably won't get X Input 2.2 done if the release is moved forward to
> Feb 8th. What's the date for the merge window end?

If we followed the 1.11 schedule, the non-critical bug window would
close three weeks earlier (Jan 18), and the merge window two months
before that (Nov 18), which is now nine days past...

If you think X Input 2.2 is nearly ready for merging , I'd say we should
go for it and get that merged by Christmas, then plan on closing the
non-critical bug window in the first week of February and then finish
the release in the first week of March.

If you don't think X Input 2.2 will be ready by then, we should probably
just close out the merge window earlier, and plan on getting the release
out the door by the time I go biking.

keith.packard at intel.com