EXA performance problem

Christoph Bartoschek bartoschek at or.uni-bonn.de
Sun Nov 27 06:55:12 PST 2011

Hi,

I still have a huge performance problem with Xorg. One application that
painted 2 Mio rectangles on the screen within a second or so with
XFree86 needs about a minute with Xorg.

Most of the time is spent in libpixman. I've added some debug statements
and see that pixman_raster_op is called about 7.2 mio times during my
testcase.

I do not think that pixman itself is the problem. It is just used too
often by EXA.

Is there anything I can do about this? Is there a better list where I
can ask? Or do you know a person that might be interested in solving
such a problem?

Christoph