Strange problem that might be a hardware malfunction.

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Nov 11 04:48:54 PST 2011

On Fre, 2011-11-11 at 04:00 -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 03:07 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Don, 2011-11-10 at 21:34 -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >> I am using the "radeon" driver: xf86-video-ati-6.12.4 and Linux 3.0.4
> >> with X.Org 1.7.1.  All 32 bit.
> > Please provide the Xorg.0.log file and dmesg output.
> >
> Files are attached.

Thanks, but please always follow up to the mailing list. I'm doing so
now.

Anyway, I can see a few problems:

      * X uses the generic vesa driver. Try the radeon driver instead.
      * The kernel is configured to use radeonfb, which precludes the
        radeon driver from enabling KMS. This may work, but it's
        generally recommended to disable radeonfb and enable KMS.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com