[ANNOUNCE] libXi 1.4.99.1

Russell Shaw rjshaw at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 9 00:04:50 PST 2011

On 09/11/11 12:16, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> A month late but I just noticed that I never sent an announcement out for
> this. libXi is the first snapshot for XI 2.1 support. At this point I
> consider it unlikely that any major protocol changes will happen to the
> smooth scrolling support.
>
> If you're working on a toolkit or similar, I highly recommend to start using
> the new stuff while we can still change it to fit your expectations better.

Hi,
I posted this message 4-Nov-2010:

quote >>
In XInput2, when i get a XI_HierarchyChanged event after plugging in another
mouse, is there a way to get a unique identifier for each device such as a brand
and model number?

When i start my program that uses two mice for different functions (one in each
hand), it would be useful for them both to be assigned the correct role whenever
the program is started, regardless of whatever other devices have been plugged
in since the last session.
<< unquote

I'm not currently working on mouse stuff, but i will again sometime, and will
use more than one pointer device simultaneously for CAD programs.