Ideas for X improvement.

Evgeny M. Zubok evgeny.zubok at tochka.ru
Sat May 28 00:35:42 PDT 2011

David Jackson <djackson452 at gmail.com> writes:

> As far as I know NX is a tunneling and compression technology but will
> not maintain a persistant X applications or session. The applications
> are started when you connect from a remote location.

NX, along with compression and caching technologies, provides session
persistence, desktop sharing and session shadowing. Do you mean that or
anything else?

Section 4.4 from http://www.nomachine.com/documents/getting-started.php

4.4 Session persistence

NX allows you to disconnect a session, either a desktop or a
floating-window session, from the remote display, i.e the proxy agent
will no longer be connected to any X client. But this doesn't have any
implication on your remote applications, which will continue to be
running. You will be able to reconnect the session later, even from a
different machine. More information about the NX session reconnection
policies are available here(link).