[Xcb] [ANNOUNCE] xcb-util 0.3.8

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue May 24 17:39:35 PDT 2011

Hi Jeremy! I don't know what happened with that release, but I wanted to
point out that all of these libraries *are* browsable at
cgit.freedesktop.org: Search for "xcb/util".

From a glance at xcb/util/src/Makefile, it looks like xcb-atom, -aux,
and -event really are now merged as libxcb-util.

If that merge is a packaging problem, we should certainly discuss
whether it should be reverted or done differently somehow. It seems
sensible to me, though.

Regarding the symbols that are missing from the merged library, I think
those were all removed intentionally. Do you have applications that were
using them? Note that there's no API or ABI stability guarantee for the
util libraries yet, unlike libxcb itself...

Hope that helps,
Jamey