[ANNOUNCE] xcb-util 0.3.8

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Tue May 24 09:11:56 PDT 2011

I didn't see mention of this in the announce list, so I wanted to point out to other packagers that this release of xcb-util-* is *NOT* binary compatible with 0.3.6.  That really should've been mentioned at the top of the release notes.

The ChangeLog says:
>      Split up atom, aux event into their own repository

but the .pc files are still installed and point to -lxcb-util.  Were they actually rolled into libxcb-util?

That would be my guess based on:
>      Create a single shared library and header file and reset SONAME

Unfortunately, xcb-util and friends are not on git.freedesktop.org, so that makes tracking down exactly what is meant by these messages difficult.

Can you please provide instructions for packagers.  You released a bunch of xcb-util-*, but -atom, -aux, and -event were not among them.  How do we get the replacements for:

lib/libxcb-atom.1.dylib
lib/libxcb-aux.0.dylib
lib/libxcb-event.1.dylib