mieqProcessDeviceEvent make calls to mieqEnque with signals enabled - freezes Xorg server - multi-screen

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue May 17 15:46:45 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 05:13:37PM -0500, Donald Kayser wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response Jeremy. I was aware that I would miss
> events during this test, but that was better than freezing. I have
> not tried 1.10.x, but I will. We are trying to release a product
> soon and changing to a new server and distribution is not
> straightforward or the best move on our part. I might have to
> consider any other solution for the short term. I am glad to hear
> that we are not the only ones to have this problem and that it might
> already be solved. I will look further at 1.10.x and go from there.

I think this bug may still be there (possibly in a different incarnation) in
1.10. I haven't had any success reproducing it yet though.
I know at least one of these got fixed in the last couple of server
versions, but I can't seem to find the commit for it now.

I suppose the quickest fix is to put OsBlockSignals() and OsReleaseSignals()
around the part that must not be interrupted and rewrite it to be as short
as possible. If you have a good description of the bug I'd love to hear it
so we can look at a proper fix.

Cheers,
  Peter