unable open xterm

Usuário do Sistema maiconlp at ig.com.br
Mon May 9 08:50:08 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm trying open one session xterm on of the same machine that holds
the X Server but occur a error.

what I've done:

1- login in at the machine that holds the X server by ssh ( the
Machine hasn't monitor )

2- ran the command export DISPLAY=0.0

3- ran the command xterm

appear the error follow:

Warning: This program is an suid-root program or is being run by the root user.
The full text of the error or warning message cannot be safely formatted
in this environment. You may get a more descriptive message by running the
program as a non-root user or by removing the suid bit on the executable.
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s

I'm using the Red Hat Enterprise 5.6 on the machine and I need open
one session xterm.

why occur this error ? what I have do to open xterm session ?

strangely it was work! out of the blue began appear the message above
when I've ran xterm command.

any tip it's welcome!

thank