DPMS and touch events

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Mon May 2 03:03:17 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have the following problem and I am not sure how to solve it. I am working
on an embedded device, which has a touch screen. As linux distribution
I am using Debian 6.0 with X.Org X Server 1.7.7. Now there is a problem
if DPMS is enabled. For test porpuses I have written a very small applications
that runs inside a fluxbox session. It h displays 1 big button.. if
the button gets
pressed the color of the button gets changed.

If the display powers down (DPMS) and I press on a random point on the
touchscreen - the pressed point will be in the area of the big fat button of
the test application. The display goes back into operation mode and... the
color of the button has changed.

Is there a way to not deliver events to the X-clients if DPMS is active and the
display is not back in normal mode?

Thanks
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc