[GSOC] greetings

Антонов Николай ostinru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:42:18 PDT 2011

Hello, all!
I am Antonov Nikolay. I am s third year student of Computer Science in
Kostroma State Technological University, Russian Federation. And I would
like to take part in GSOC 2011 in xorg project.

I realy like 2 ideas:
1) Open Source PRIME multi-gpu support
2) Support Graphics Card hot-switch.
Both have similar idea but different implementation.
First already have pice of code(it would be a nice start point!). But I
think that copying data from one video card to another is bad idea(it is
slowdown performance and integrate card never poweroff). So, second idea
looks better (but it seems harder).

I didn't take part in well-known opensources project yet. But I have own
opensource project[1] written in C (it is pidgin/libpurple
protocol-plugin for russian IM service). I have experience with svn/git
and mailing lists ;-)

PS: in xorg gsoc wiki[2] "2010 Ideas" meets twice. This is confusing.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/mrim-prpl/
[2] http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas

Antonov Nikolay