INTEL Corperation 82852/855GM Intel Graphics Device (rev 02)

Edward Dumay edward.dumay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:39:59 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am having problems with my graphical card INTEL Corperation 82852/855GM
Intel Graphics Device (rev 02) with Ubuntu 10.10
I installed the driver by

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:glasen/intel-driver
udo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and by adding files in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

with

Section "Device"
  Identifier "Configured Video Device"
  Driver "intel"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier "Default Screen
  Monitor "Configured Monitor"
  Device "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

but in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file

I can see that the driver is started

intel: Driver for Intel Integrated Graphics Chipset : 810, i810-dc100 ,,,,
852GM/855GM  ..

but in it was also the following text.

No devices detected

Fatal server error
No screens found

Why is that. In the FAQ I could read that the if the driver was OK, the
chipset wasn't supported yet. Is this the case?

best regards,

Edward Dumay

--
Met vriendelijke groet/ Best Regards/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Salutations.

Edward Dumay