xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/randr and dual-head 1920x1200

Thomas L Marshall tlm at altmx.com
Mon Mar 7 13:02:51 PST 2011

Hi all.

I have recently migrated from nvidia- drivers to
xrandr/xorg-video-nouveau on debian sid (xorg 1.9.4 and xrandr 1.3.4).

Previously, I was running dual monitors both at 1920x1200 using the
Nvidia TwinView configuration.

I am now using nouveau/randr "RightOf".

This works great at all but the highest resolution (dual 1920x1200).

dual 1600x1200 works as does either monitor at 1920x1200 and the other
at 1600x1200.

In the twin 1920x1200 case, the mouse and hourglass do display as
expected in the center of the screen but the desktop fails to draw and
any background color bleeds halfway across the screen (highly
distorted).

The proper (expected) location of the mouse at startup leads e to
believe that randr is likely setting up the screen properly but nouveau
is failing to display the desktop at the 3840x1200 size/resolution.

I have upgraded my video card from the old 7600GT to a newer GTS450 with
identical results.

Thanks in advance for any information you are able to provide related to
this issue.

Tom.