[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-fpit 1.4.0

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Mon Jun 27 17:14:29 PDT 2011

> I believe the point is to have such a driver in the vanilla kernel, not to
> adopt a third-party driver.
>
> Is this hardware available anywhere besides thrift stores?

hmm, as i've googled a bit for pentest.c i've realized phasing driver to
linux kernel drops support for such devices for i.e NetBSD users... and it
seems some users of such are in fact preferring those over linux... esp.
linux gets bigger and bigger nowadays...
not to mention i recall i had loads of trouble making never kernel
versions work on stylistic - over 2.6.31 problems with kacpid consuming
99% cpu and hibernation started to appear, and i somehow gave up trying to
investigate why after certain point...

so again, some kind of user-space solution is imho better, esp. it's
'hardware' is in fact mere serial port, already supported by most OS's.

btw. thanx again for updating current fpit driver :)