Desktop managers that work in multiseat mode

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Wed Jun 15 02:41:16 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I'm hoping that someone on this list can point me in the right direction.

We use (up to ) 6 PCs in 3-seat multiseat mode in our offices for 2D map
feature digitising, on Ubuntu platform.

These production machines are stable on (very old) Ubuntu 6.06, but I
cannot get them to work on the newest Ubuntu 11.04

I am told that the problem is is that GDM does no longer works in
multiseat mode, so try KDM.
I am struggling with KDM too, and wonder if there is someone on this
list that can suggest a desktop manager which does work in multiseat mode.

I do not wish to use any proprietary methodologies or HW, as that will
restrict my flexibility.

Thanks & regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za