Xorg fails when switching between sessions

Denver Hull denverh at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 09:26:01 PDT 2011

Hello,

My main system is FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE, AMD64.  I have it set up to start
two X sessions, one on VT09 and one on VT10.  VT09 is local and started
with -query.  VT10 is remote and started with -indirect.  The local
session works fine, but the remote one fails when I switch back after
switching away with ctrl-alt-F[1-9].  The error I get is illegal
instruction.  This only happens for sessions started from xdm's
chooser.  I duplicated my configuration on a second, x86, system, and
everything works just fine there.  So it seems likely that the problem
is related to Xorg on AMD64.  Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,

Denver