option Ignore not working

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Jun 7 16:18:13 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:28:05AM -0400, William Roberts wrote:
> I am trying to get X to ignore a bunch of event nodes that other
> applications are using in a raw form. I want X to watch /dev/input/mice
> /dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/event5 ONLY. Below is my xorg.conf file:

Please attach your Xorg.log so we can see what's going on here.

> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option          "AutoAddDevices" "false"
> EndSection

if you're not auto-adding devices, you don't need to ignore any since the
server will only add devices that are listed in the config file.
Also, IIRC the below can also be partially simplified

 Section "InputClass"
          Identifier "ignore all"
          MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
          Option "Ignore" "on"