option Ignore not working

William Roberts bill.c.roberts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:28:05 PDT 2011

I am trying to get X to ignore a bunch of event nodes that other
applications are using in a raw form. I want X to watch /dev/input/mice
/dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/event5 ONLY. Below is my xorg.conf file:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option          "AutoAddDevices" "false"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
         Identifier "ign0"
         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event0"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
         Identifier "ign1"
         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event1"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
         Identifier "ign3"
         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event3"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
         Identifier "ign4"
         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event4"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Ignore" "on"
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "vfb"
        Driver          "fbdev"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Protocol" "auto"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "kb0"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "XkbLayout" "us,cz"
        Option          "XkbVariant" ",qwerty"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/event5"
EndSection

Thank you for your help in advance!