multibutton mouse x-755k a4tech issues

Paulo Silva nitrofurano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 04:09:18 PDT 2011

well, i don't know how evtest works...

guest at macbook_mint1 ~ $ evtest /dev/mouse
evtest: No such file or directory
guest at macbook_mint1 ~ $ evtest /dev/psaux
evtest: Permission denied
You do not have access to /dev/psaux. Try running as root instead.
guest at macbook_mint1 ~ $ sudo !!
sudo evtest /dev/psaux
[sudo] password for guest:
evtest: can't get version: Inappropriate ioctl for device
guest at macbook_mint1 ~ $

anyway, i'm starting to think this a4tech x755k mouse is a programable
one, which acts as both mouse and keyboard ( btw, OSX 10.4.11
(dual-boot with Ubuntu and Mint) recognized it as a keyboard...) - and
the box and pdf manual says it has a 16kb memory for storing key
combos and macros (which would be great for using on Blender, window
managers, etc..), sent by a mswindows-only (argh...) editor which
doesn't works decently on wine - but i have no idea about how it
works, since i'm more comfortable with those common 3-button mices
with wheel

if this issue is related to another tool (for linux, on terminal or
gui), for sending some binary information (key combos, macros, etc.)
to these mices, please let me know what should be used...

thanks a lot and cheers,
p.

--
Don't give Microsoft the remote control. Don't use Windows 7.
<http://windows7sins.org>