xorg.conf to connect TV via composite video to Nvidia card

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Tue Jul 19 03:44:21 PDT 2011

Hi all

I want to connect a desktop PC to an old TV via a component video cable to
watch my recordings in mythtv.
There's no problem activating the TV in the Nvidia configuration manager.
It is possible having the screens next to each other or showing an extract
from the LCD on the TV.
Unfortunately I can't choose to mirror both screens with the correct
resolutions.

I heard that this should be possible by adding separate screen sections
with the "UseDisplayDevice" option to the xorg.conf for them.

When I tried to create a xorg.conf for the monitor and one for the TV and
then merge them I had no luck.
You can find the resulting file here: http://pastebin.com/eBpxJDig With
this setting the TV remains dark. Here's the Xorg.0.log:
http://pastebin.com/sQ4dKW9N

Today I tried to follow a german guide:
http://moritz.augsburger.name/2007/04/03/103-Wie-man-nVidia-vom-Gegenteil-
ueberzeugt.html

Here's my new xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/cFYMiZ8U Now it dowsn't find
the screen. See line 124 in the log: http:// pastebin.com/HGQSg94n

Can you help me creating the correct xorg.conf file?

Cheers
Ramon