Issues with 2nd display being treated as primary (when not plugged in)

Bryan Hoyt | Brush Technology bryan at brush.co.nz
Mon Jan 24 18:50:18 PST 2011

Here's some vital statistics on my system & issue. Does this ring any bells
with anyone (issue described previously, further below):

Xorg: 1.7.6
Linux: 2.6.24-28-server i686 Ubuntu
Ubuntu: 10.04 Lucid Lynx
Graphics card: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 03)
Unit: Axiomtek     GOT-5100T-830    All-in-One    10.4” SVGA TFT Fanless
Touch Panel Computer with Intel® AtomTM N270 Processor Onboard
Motherboard: unknown -- it's a sealed box. How can I get this info without
opening the box up?

Re the graphics card: see lspci -- 2 PCI interfaces are listed (00:02.0
and 00:02.1). One for each output?? It's almost as if there are 2 separate
cards inside. This doesn't quite ring true to me, and it doesn't help me
configure it better. Only the first listed PCI interface works in xorg.conf
-- if I try the second, I just get blackness on both displays.

Thanks, Tormod. I'll try the latest kernel as you suggest.

 - Bryan

--
PS. Check out the Brush newsletter: *Subscribe or read our previous
newsletters* <http://brush.co.nz/newsletters>

Bryan Hoyt, *Web Development Manager*  --  Brush Technology
*Ph:* +64 3 741 1204     *Mobile:* +64 21 238 7955
*Web:* brush.co.nz