Dual card radeon - No gnome desktop on second display

Fredrik Jonson fredrik at jonson.org
Tue Jan 11 03:20:08 PST 2011

Jammy Zhou wrote:

>  It seems that Xinerama was disabled (Option "Xinerama" "0")

Yes, as mentioned I do not want one single workspace, but want to
be able to toggle between different small workspaces independently
on the two displays. AFAIU this is the way to do that, and Xinerama
does the opposite. Correct?

> and is "(WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled" expected?

Nope. That's not expected and not intended. It sounds like that could be
what's stopping compiz from working, right?

--
Fredrik Jonson