Xorg R7.6 mesa/egl Makefile fixing in Ubuntu 10.10

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Feb 21 08:45:01 PST 2011

On 02/21/11 12:05 AM, Chen, Dennis (SRDC SW) wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I found that current the Makefile of mesa/mesa/src/egl/main in X11 R7.6 has the
> below line:
>

> INCLUDE_DIRS = -I$(TOP)/include
>

> When build the mesa module in Ubuntu system, this will led to a build error
> complaining “can’t find the X11/Xlib.h”, that’s because in ubuntu, the Xlib.h is
> located in /usr/include/X11 by default, so I think

That's where Xlib.h is located on most systems.

> The Makefile should be changed to:
>
> INCLUDE_DIRS = -I$(TOP)/include -I/usr/include/X11

That doesn't make sense.   The #include path is relative to the -I path,
so you've just specified that #include <X11/Xlib.h> should be looking for
/usr/include/X11/X11/Xlib.h.

Compilers normally include -I/usr/include by default so no -I flag is needed
for #include <X11/Xlib.h> to find /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com