[no EDID] intel stuck in 1024x768

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 17:59:01 PST 2011

Can someone look at
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/Xorg/xorg.0.log-gx260-i845G-os114rc1-1024x768x096
and tell me what in there actually tells me which video driver got used (via
auto-configure/no mention of Intel/VESA/FBDEV in xorg.conf)? The Intel driver
is mentioned, but afterward, so are FBDEV and VESA.

All I have in xorg.conf ATM is as follows:
Section "ServerFlags"
   Option       "ZapWarning" "off"
   Option       "DontZap" "off"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier   "Monitor[0]"
   HorizSync    30-107
   Option       "DPMS"	"off"
   VertRefresh  56-61
   DisplaySize  338 253 # 120 DPI @ 1600x1200
   Option       "PreferredMode" "1600x1200"
EndSection

This system has previously had no problem running up to 2048x1536 with enough
content in xorg.conf. The display has no valid EDID.

Do I need a device section specifying intel for server 1.9.3 to give what I
need instead of XGA when there is no valid EDID? I would think monitor specs
I provided to be sufficient.
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/