Is it possible to know the numpad state after pressing a random number of times the "Pointer_EnableKeys" key?

ENRIQUE ARIZON BENITO enrique.arizonbenito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 02:45:24 PST 2011

I try to create an script that automatically switch off the
numpad-mose by executing the command line "xdotool key
Pointer_EnableKeys".

The problem is that I have found no way to fetch the numpad state (is
it working as a mouse or as a keyboard?) after a user randomly press
the Pointer_EnableKeys for a while.

- Is there any other key that just disables the mouse (I browsed the
/usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h for any suitable keysym but didn't find
anything related) or any other way to reset to a defined state?

- Is there any way to query the X server for this data?

Regards,

Enrique