XCompmgr maxing CPU

David Woodfall dave at unrealize.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 03:02:16 PST 2011

Hi, I am experiencing maxed out CPU usage sometimes when switching
desktops/applications in fluxbox.

I realise that xcompmgr was only meant to serve as an example but it
is still the best simple comp manager around.

Is anyone maintaining it?

Is there a way of debugging what exactly it's getting stuck on when it
maxes CPU? (It doesn't segfault so I'm not sure gdb will help).

Or perhaps someone has suggestions for another comp manager that does
transparency and shadows? (Tried compmgr and cairo-compmgr and they
don't work). It has to work with fluxbox so compiz is out.

Cheers

Dave

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.