How to get two monitors working in Linux?

monitorxxx b1288343 at nwldx.com
Tue Dec 27 18:34:36 PST 2011

Hi, I have Arch Linux in this system:

-video card: nvidia 6150
-monitor 1: LG, 1440x900 (right side)
-monitor 2: Samsung, 1360x760 (left side)
-desktop environment: Lxde

But the problem is that:

1) no matter how hard I try, write to xorg.conf, set up and reboot, the
monitors' positions are always changed in NVIDIA X Server Settings (the
graphical tool).

2) the screen now (Lxde) is shown in monitor 1 (ok), but monitor 2 is
completely black  and when I put the mouse cursor there, it changes to the
defauld Gnome mouse cursor (the 'X') and when clicking with the right button
anywhere in the screen (of monitor 2) nothing happens.

I want both monitors running the same Desktop Environment (in this case,
Lxde), with "separate screens" and when a program is executed in one screen,
it does not open in the other. And of course, to be configured in the
positions they are on the table (Samsung at the left, LG at the right).

Do you know how to solve this problem?

What additional information or log files do you need?

Thanks!