Where to find "Standard X Clients"?@@sig

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Aug 29 12:38:37 PDT 2011

On 08/29/11 11:40, Andreas Mattheiss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from 7.3 or so onwards the stock repository
> (http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.6/src/) apparently doesn't contain the
> "standard X clients" (xcalc & friends) any more.

Yes, we stopped including the packages that most desktops (GNOME, KDE, etc.)
provide their own versions of.   We still provide updates to most of them
in the individual directory.

> Apparently "something" is
> available in http://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/app/. However, there are all
> sorts of versions for all apps.

Right, that's where we put the new releases now.

> Is there a ftp-direcotory *somewhere* containing links to the up-to-date variants? Not so nice to pick those by
> hand ...

Not anywhere on the X.Org site.   Someone else may have made one, and I suppose
we could add one with a bit of scripting, but no one has done so yet (I don't
remember it being requested/suggested before).

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com