xev doesn't recognize mute button on my laptop

courten at web.de courten at web.de
Fri Aug 26 00:02:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

what does

xev > keyboard.log

and

cat/more/less keyboard.log

say

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Aaron Lewis" <the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com>
Gesendet: 25.08.2011 17:35:41
An: "Xorg Mailing List" <xorg at lists.freedesktop.org>
Betreff: xev doesn't recognize mute button on my laptop

Hi,
I'm trying to bind the mute button on my laptop , to a command ,
but xev doesn't recognize it, there's no output in terminal.

And XF86Audio Raise / Lower Volume can be displayed in that window ,
so i'm wondering what's going wrong here.

Version:
ii xserver-common 1.10.1
ii xserver-xorg 7.6

Even i tried to set keyboard map to 'thinkpad' won't work.

Thanks for any solutions or suggestions on my situation.
( i'm also using XFCE4 desktop , in Keyboard settings , mute button
wasn't recognized )

--
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0xDFE6C29E ( http://pgp.mit.edu/ )