ANN: xterm patch #272
dickey at radix.net
Wed Aug 24 18:03:15 PDT 2011
Patch #272 - 2011/08/24
* document limitation of Gtk in connection with xterm's -into option,
in the manpage (Ubuntu #806969).
* improve -into by checking for and using the size of the window
within which xterm is embedded, overriding other clues.
* modify logic for localeFilter resource to allow that to include
command-line options of luit.
* improve -into by checking for invalid window-id, and allowing
* improve keepSelection, adding the case where the highlighting is
cleared, overlooked in patch #230 (patch by Marco Peereboom).
* improve command-line parsing to make abbreviate options work
consistently across xterm-specific versus standard X toolkit
options, and report cases where an abbreviated option happens to be
ambiguous. In particular, -d now works as an abbreviation for
* fix regression in command-line parsing introduced in patch #271
changes for Debian #629358, (Debian #637910).
* split-out new termcap/terminfo building block xterm+kbs for
* modify terminfo file to reflect changes in ncurses for
xterm-16color and xterm-256color.
* modify minstall.sh, etc., to reflect the default default class,
$TERM and decTerminalID values.
* reword resize manpage to reflect the fact that $TERMCAP is not set
on all systems (patch by Alan Coopersmith).
* work around combined Xaw6/Xaw7 package in DragonFlyBSD which omits
the usual symbolic link to the preferred library name.
* further improve build-fix for termcap systems by checking for some
which are only partial implementations, e.g., termcap 2.08 in
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg