"sticky" xkb options ?

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Sat Aug 20 12:42:00 PDT 2011

Dnia Saturday, 20 of August 2011, Matthieu Herrb napisał:
> Hi,
>
> In order to keep the oldctrl+alt+backspace sequence killing X by
> default, I'm looking for the best place to place the configuration
> option. I'd like to put it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-killserver or
> similar.
>
> Unfortunatly, at least with xserver 1.9 or 1.10,
> 'Option "XkbOption" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"' doesn't stick.
> Any other 'Option "XkbOption" "..."' parsed later will clear the
> already set options.
>
> The same is true for any initialisation done inside the xserver code
> itself via add_option().
>
> Is there a way to set a sticky xkbOption ?

I have it set inside /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-keyboard.conf and it works:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "keyboard-all"
        Driver "evdev"
        Option "XkbLayout" "pl"
        Option "XkbModel" "evdev"
        Option "XkbOptions" "win:switch,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
        Option          "LeftAlt"       "Meta"
        Option          "RightAlt"      "ModeShift"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
EndSection

I assume, that you want to have this particular option set in a separate
file. Is it right?
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\