Fw: "sticky" xkb options ?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Aug 20 12:45:51 PDT 2011

On 08/20/11 11:50, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> And sticky xkboptions could be useful for other options too, given
> that a way to reset them explicitely also exist.

Yes, an "XkbOptionsAdd" or similar to append instead of clear/set would
be very nice.   It would need to handle autoadding the , separator between
entries, but that shouldn't be hard.

Currently I ship in the Solaris X packages an example file as
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.avail/90-zap.conf that explains how to workaround this,
but it would be nice to not need the extra hoops to jump through:

# This configuration snippet enables the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace server kill key
#
# To use it, link or copy into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
#
# Note that only the last XkbOptions setting seen for a device will be used,
# so to use multiple options, copy this file and add options into the Option
# string, such as "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,ctrl:swapcaps"

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "keyboard zap by default"
    MatchIsKeyboard "on"

    Option "XKbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com