Emc vs modern lcd monitors

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Tue Aug 16 09:00:12 PDT 2011

Am 16.08.2011 16:29, schrieb James Cloos:
> Gene,
>
> If the display gets in the way of the realtime code, you may want to
> separate the two.
>
> It may not be in vogue these days, but running X11 over tcp still works.

Just for your informations in several companies X11 is used for displaying.
I used it the most time over tcp, see all the remote extension for X11.
The problem are M$ user that have no idea about networking they tend to
resort to several rather strange solutions.

> An inexpensive laptop, a small fusion or atom box, a plug box will all
> make reasonable graphics nodes.

Hint:
There is a small trap, you need to conf you XDM (or what you use) on the host
to allow remote access.

now you start on your notebook X -query <host> if everything works fine you will
see the XDM from the host.

re,
 wh