Emc vs modern lcd monitors

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Aug 15 17:05:02 PDT 2011

On Monday, August 15, 2011 08:01:26 PM Felix Miata did opine:

> On 2011/08/15 19:05 (GMT-0400) gene heskett composed:
> > Chuckle, rotsa ruck finding one of those without mail ordering it&
> > putting up with a 40 day back order because they have to get one of
> > those from China.
>
> compatible
> cheap
> fast
>
> Pick any two.  :-)
>
> Pittsburg ought to have 1024x768 and/or 1280x1024 in stock somewhere if
> local fails and Amazon, J&R Music World, Newegg & places like that
> don't work for you.
>
> > As for the crt, that's 4x the power and weight.  and dying like flies
> > around here.
>
> Some newer ones just need caps, like motherboards & power supplies from
> the early-mid 00s.
>
> >   That old Samsung that smoked was may last tube monitor&
> >
> > getting fuzzy when it let all the magic smoke out.
>
> Gummint auction sites should have piles of them around unless your area
> has dumpstered them all already.

That all took place about 8-10 years ago around here, when dumpster diving
netted Jim and I 2 pickup loads worth of 17" NEC's in great shape.  Haven't
seen much since that hasn't been stored out in the weather for a year+.

I'll do some more scouting for a 4x3 model though.

Thanks.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Intel CPUs are not defective, they just act that way.
		-- Henry Spencer