Switch TV output on Intel 945GM to PAL

Konrad Bucheli konrad.bucheli at gmx.ch
Thu Aug 4 11:40:10 PDT 2011

Am 04.08.2011 15:11, schrieb Alex Deucher:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Konrad Bucheli<konrad.bucheli at gmx.ch>  wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a small problem: I just would like to change the output mode of the
>> TV output from NTSC to PAL
>>
>> Fighting with Google and xorg documentation I did not find any hint how to
>> achive that and all my torturing of xrandr did not help ether.
> xrandr --output TV1 --set mode PAL
>
> should do the trick.
>
> Alex

Thanks for the hint. It works only when the TV output is first switched
off, else I got an error message. I had then to play with the modelines
as the automatically detected do not give a good results. This is as far
as I got:

xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary
xrandr --output TV1 --off
xrandr --output TV1 --set mode PAL
xrandr --newmode "720x576 at 50" 27 720 732 795 864 576 581 586 625 -hsync
-vsync
xrandr --addmode TV1 "720x576 at 50"
xrandr --output TV1 --mode "768x576 at 50" --above LVDS1

The source of the modeline is
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Modeline_Database#PAL625_itu-r.2Fbt:_470_601_656

The only problem left is that the TV output flickers once every ten
seconds. Any idea?

Cheers

Konrad