slightly off: dual monitor setup and nvidia-xconfig

Gergely Buday gbuday at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 02:12:39 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I was configuring my dual monitor setup with nvidia-xconfig --twinview
. It worked for the first time, with two monitors and being able to
move windows across them. Next time I did a reboot only one of the
monitors got signal. I did not find out how to set up two monitors
with nvidia-xconfig but then I have found

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Nvidia_2

and edited my xorg.conf accordingly and it works now. My question is:
how could I have done it without manual edit of xorg.conf, with
nvidia-xconfig?

- Gergely