[xorg] Where can I find the code examples from the X11 books?

Lori Nagel jastiv at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 12:58:42 PDT 2011

I have most of the X11 books series. (there were books 0-8) that had a lot of documentation about the X11 interface. I wonder where I can get the code examples for the books.  In particular, book 4, the Athena Widget version.   I have been able to find the books online, but not the code examples, that I am really wanting. It is getting to be a pain to have to type it all out by hand and guess what they mean every time they do the ... in the books. The books give these old ways to get code that may have worked in 1993, but the internet has changed so much since then, I wonder where I can get them now.  Do you think you would be able to help me?

Also, I wonder if anyone else on this list is interested in working with me to develop a game in X11.  I know retro-gaming has been, and is popular, but I think that we could do more to make a nice game without the long lists of dependancies I find in most GNU/Linux games these days.

- Jastiv