disable an input event mask

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Apr 1 14:02:30 PDT 2011

On 4/1/11 9:26 AM, Chu, Jeff wrote:
> I have to use depth 8 and PseudoColor because of an old program. If I
> start firefox after my old program, it will use a different colormap.
> I think because depth 8 doesn't have enough colormap entry. All of
> windows will change color when mouse pointer move into to firefox
> window. I think it is because of "ColormapChangeMask" event. If I can
> disable it, I may fix the problem. I may be wrong.

Yep, 1994 sure was awful.

To the extent that that would keep the old program looking correct, it
would force firefox to always look wrong.  But the application itself
may also rely on colormap change events to work properly.

You may want to consider running the old app in a separate Xephyr or
Xvnc session running at depth 8 but running the normal server at depth 24.

- ajax