Question about multiple X11 and screencaptures

Marc Cambier marcamb at neuf.fr
Wed Sep 29 04:27:08 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have a command 'cmd', which takes a screencapture.

I have two X running :
- Display :0 on VT2
- Display :1 on VT3

I go to VT2 : CTRL+ALT+F2
I launch cmd : I have screenshot of the display :0, it's OK

I go to VT3 : CTRL+ALT+F3
I launch cmd : I have screenshot of the display :1, it's OK

But, I have an X program running on display :1, which takes screencaptures
while I'm using display :0.

And that doesn't work, for example :
I go to VT3 : CTRL+ALT+F3
I launch "sleep 20 && cmd"
During the sleep, I go to VT2 : CTRL+ALT+F2
I wait 20 seconds... Screenshot is done, but the result image is totally
black.

So, I suppose something makes the display :1 "blank" when I'm on display :0
;
I searched around the web, but didn't find any explication...

Pleaz,
Could someone explain me this behaviour ?
Is there a way to get rid of this problem ?

I can provide you more informations if you ask...

Thanks.
M.