Create a *real* top level window

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Tue Sep 28 00:36:45 PDT 2010

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at rasterman.com> writes:
> then why not just use xgrabserver during the "security sensitive" time to lock
> out all other clients... though composite manager will be locked out. u wont
> see any rendering on the screen then. :) so u may have a custom solution just

That is a good question. I think I noticed various grab functions but
missed XGrabServer. Or maybe I noticed it but wasn't sure if I could
trust it. I will revisit these manuals and try again..

> for your situation where you are willing to give up things, but it is entirely
> miles from a general solution.

I didn't realize composition managers are that mainstream yet :-) Is
there really no way to draw to the screen if a composition manager is
frozen (due to grab or frozen unix socket)?

What if I'd make the composition manager co-operate and temporary
return the X to "do not use composition" state?