Strange libXrender behaviour on Solaris10/SPARC

Nicolai Stange nicolai.stange at zmaw.de
Fri Sep 17 11:35:16 PDT 2010

Hi Alan,

thank you very much for your attention!

> Why not just use the libX11 & libXrender provided with Solaris 10?
The libX11 and the libXrender distributed with Solaris10 originate from
the monolithic pre-7.x xlibs. Unfortunately this seems to mean that
they're too old if one wants to compile a new gtk+.

We provide numerous self-compiled software packages, mainly scientific
ones, for different platforms and architectures to our users through NFS
and I thought it would make our lifes at the IT dep. easier to have
current xlibs and gtk avaiable.

Now however, I thought solving the problems with Xrender might be of
value for other people googling for that issue, at least for the Oracle
Solaris X11-package maintainers ;)

Best regards

Nicolai