Exclusive Fullscreen Mode

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Mon Sep 6 12:11:12 PDT 2010

Am Monday 06 September 2010 schrieb Roland Plüss:
> 1) What about changing resolution?
X11/extensions/Xrandr.h - sth. like XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate()
and it does not require root permissions...

> 2) What about performance while fullscreen?
> performance? Do WMs like KDE switch compositing while something is
> fullscreen or stays it the same?
As for KWin: "by default yes" (and there's no GUI to change that setting, and
oc. not if you made your window translucent...)

I don't know what you're after, but using some toolkit usually makes life
easier and more portable... (even opengl/glx has a function to change the
resolution)

Thomas