X.Org and network

Maxime ACCADIA maxime.accadia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 05:28:40 PDT 2010

Thanks for your answer.

> I am not a core developer but use X11 very ofter via network and the BIG problems are not
> inside X11 itself but inside the toolskits (use xrestop and become speachless:
> E.g. 1164 windows for Firefox now on this box now)

I didn't know about xrestop. Interesting.

> NTL it would be interesting to document more about profiling X11, so people can easly complain
> WHO is eating there performance.

Knowing witch programs make performance to drop would be interesting
but I don't know if rewriting toolskits would be a solution. I don't
know enough about X to determine wether improvements *in* or *out* X
can be done.

An interesting paper about X optimisation for networking :
http://www.nomachine.com/documents/pdf/NX-XProtocolCompression.pdf

regards,

Maxime