Xorg Problem with Intel DH55HC on board VGA

Mark Mark mark024 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 07:32:42 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone
I am working on Xwindow-7.2.0 , on a LFS system (lfs6.6- blfs-6.3), on a X86_64 bit machine, DH55HC Intel motherboard , with onboard VGA.
When trying to start Xorg, or to test the configuration  the screen hangs up, and no response from the PC, even (ALT+CTRL+Bkspce) is not working.
I installed the intel driver , and choose the "intel" as driver in xorg.conf , but same ..
I also used a new kernel : linux-kernel-2.6.34.2 .
But same problem , try to install the intel driver , but nothing changed.
Also I tried to use the vesa driver.

Note that :
- when I tried the same LFS on a virtual machine and it works succesfully even before the new kernel, which means is a hardware or driver problem .
- Another X window system (fedora core 13)  is running on the same hardware  , which I compiled my LFS on .

I hope I can find an answer here .

Kindly find attached a copy of the xorg.conf , and also two log files, first one when choosing intel driver, and second one , when choosing vesa .

Also if important find attached a copy of the kernel configuration file .

NOTE: the Xorg.0.vesa.log seems to be damaged , but it opens with VI.

Thanks in advance

Mark