X11 / broken input focus, need so. to reproduce

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Oct 14 13:49:20 PDT 2010

Am Thursday 14 October 2010 schrieb Arno Rehn:

> That specific window works fine here. Instead it managed to screw up input
> focus handling of kmail, so I had to restart my session to actually be able
> to send this.

Wow - sorry.
That was certainly not expected (there's no XGrabPointer call or so - i would
have explicitly warned on such)

I guess we can stop this little experiment then, since there's apparently a
problem.
I use xorg-server 1.9.0 and we're all on Qt7 and on likely different distros
(arch, mandriva)

Apparently there's a problem in xorg-server >= 1.9 then.
@Hugo: that package version ;-)

Thanks alot for your efforts and sorry to Arno and everybody who encountered
similar problems =\

@Arno:
Just for "curiosity" - was only kmail affected or was the entire X server
taken like after a pointer grab? (ie. you could click nowhere)

Thomas