Xorg configuration fails on G4 Powermac

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Oct 7 06:36:09 PDT 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Super Biscuit wrote:

> I've tried the xorg.conf.new with both the options you suggested and Denise suggested. Same results: no detection for mga g400/450, blank screen for radeon.
> I'm curious as to whether or not I need to add the horiz and vert values to the monitor section.

AEI should have zero effect on output, since it has nothing to do with
that.  Just pointing out that it should be avoided.

On i386, I see
   (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support

Your Xorg.0.log from the forums post doesn't show that.  But it would
still be my first guess.