H55 chipset and KMS with HDMI/VGA

milk niteshadez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:23:17 PDT 2010

I recently purchased a Shuttle SH55J2 which has the Intel H55 chipset
(Auburndale). Using xf86-video-intel-2.12.0-3 for arch linux, I am
having KMS issues with the VGA/HDMI output. With KMS enabled, the VGA
output is wavey and unreadable and the HDMI output has either no
signal on an HDMI monitor or wrong colors (pink or green background,
white text) using a HDMI->DVI converter. With KMS disabled, VGA and
HDMI are fine, but X cannot startup because it now requires KMS to be
enabled.

I've done basic troubleshooting with the cables and xorg.conf and
switching monitors/colorspace. Does anyone have a clue on this
problem?

-milki

--
Hope is a dimension of the spirit. It is not outside us, but within
us. When you lose it, you must seek it again within yourself and in