WebGL under debian, radeon driver

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Sat Oct 2 10:53:12 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 19:11 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> I'm using a debian system rather uptodate, with:
> xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.13.1-2
> libgl1-mesa-dri 7.8.2-2
> libdrm2 2.4.21-2
>
> and I'm trying to get various WebGL examples working under Firefox 4b7
> and Chromium 6.0.472.62. Lot of them don't work, and the ones that do
> are quite slow.
> E.g: http://scenejs.org/dist/curr/extr/examples/hello-teapot/index.html
> looks like 2 fps on my machine, which has a Q9650 at 3.00GHz + RV630.
>
> Is that how it's supposed to be, or is there something not well
> configured on my machine ?

Sounds like you're only getting software rendering? I've had it working
(accelerated) with both Chrome and Firefox, but I haven't tried it with
r600 hardware yet.

I think you still need an Xserver with pbuffer support (the one in
debian experimental should do) and you're probably better off with
really recent 3D driver - the 7.9 RC or straight from git.

(Resent since I missed to cc the list)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson